Friday 2 March 2012

March 2012

Saturday 31st

First event of the year. The Artist's & Designer's Fair in Buxton Derbyshire. Suprisingly good sales there considering the number of visitors were poor.

That's why I had time to take this photo without passers by in the way.
----------------------------------------------------

Monday 26th
So March is coming to an end already.

Well as they say the best laid plans of man. Spent a day at A&E with kidney stones. Then 2 days drinking as much liquid as possible while letting the pain killers keep me dopier than usual. Not enough hours in the day to get all I want done now before a holiday. But I won't give in!

Tuesday 20th
I started laying the hawthorn hedge, not the best job for my hands.




Job done!
----------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday14th 
Then another distraction from potting ..... creating a new border and somewhere for a cold frame. I do get in the studio from time to time.


This is actually on top of the second chamber of a working septic tank.



I did get the teapots finished. Eleven in all, with different solutions for the handles. Sales in the studio have been heartening. Especially as I was back to thegarden most of the time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sunday 11th
Well the idea of e-mailing customers has been worthwhile. Spent the morning answering mails and packing pots. The showroom actually feels like a showroom again. Spring sale organised and is going alright so far. Made a nice change from mauling lumps of tree. I have developed 'tennis elbow' from using the chainsaw and log splitter so much.
But .......Yet another tree had to be felled before it decided to flatten a car etc.
Four loads like that fetched out yesterday, shame the dog can't pull the trolley.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 9th
 At last I have begun to make pots again.
 Some small teapot bodies thrown and dried off enough outside in the breeze to glaze the insides.
Spouts made too and lids to make tomorrow, then its the fun of assembling.

------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday 7th
Took Saturday off for a change, met the 'kids' for a meal for my birthday, good fun but suffered an attack of gout on Sunday and Monday for my indulgences.
After a nice day in the garden yesterday it's back into the studio. Once all the paperwork is dealt with it will be good to get my hands into clay and making pots. I have got myself sorted, almost, to open the Sale at the weekend lets hope the weather is decent. It snowed here on Sunday and sleet this afternoon.
Just a few more shots of the displays.



A selection of 'Liths', sculptural playtime for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 2nd
Another week passes. The showroom renovation is all but completed. Its been a good week weatherwise, some lovely warm days, but the last two mornings have seen a frost here in the valley.

Some shots of the current showroom display.

Decided it was time for a clear out of odds and sods. The teapots here are ones that have been pushed to the back of boxes and ignored. Some good value purchases to be had.



 


Spring Sale during March to get the coffers topped up.

Posters to print and put up, a trip to the pub and the visitor centre of the Nature Reserve.
I managed to get direction signs up along the canal path and footpaths this week. Customers are beginning to find me again. Shows for the year are booked, mostly local ones. Jobs like mail-shots and clearing orders are next now I have a fairly organised studio and showroom space.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nick,
    your gallery is looking good. we walked past a couple of weeks back, but there was no one home. hope to get down in the summer and meet you in person.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete